Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Super Amazing Vacation of Awesomeness: Day 45

I am so out of shape. *dies*  Yesterday Thomas's date invited both of us to her track practice this morning.  What I didn't know until we got there was that we'd be doing sprint workouts. *headdesk*  Now originally I can go without exercising or working out and still be able to keep up with the head of the group.  But after the first half mile run in 2:35 I just about collapsed in exhaustion.  At first I was like, "What's going on?? O.o " before I pieced it together.  Okay, so where I live in Alaska we are right at sea level.  With the low altitude and everything there's a ton of oxygen in the air.  However in Utah the oxygen is less abundant.  The high altitude and low oxygen amounts were killing me in the running practices today. *big sigh*  However, if I train in this altitude, I can be a boss when I travel back to the wonderful oxygen filled state of AK. ;)
After that lung bursting exercise, Thomas and I came back to the house and did some yard work.  Moving dirt piles and digging holes; stuff like that.  SO much easier than earlier. ::)
Then we went to see the movie Epic.  I don't really suggest it.  Not only was it really cliche, but it also left a lot more questions than it answered. >.>  But afterwards we came back, did some more yard work, and now I'm taking an extremely early bedtime because my body is really quite tired at the moment. *flops spread-eagled on the couch*

No comments:

Post a Comment