Sunday, August 11, 2013

Super Amazing Vacation of Awesomeness: Day 75

Performance day!  And what a performance it was!  Sadly for copyright issues I can't post the videos we took of my drop dead amazing performances...but I can tell you they went perfectly. *happy nod*  With an advanced Waltz and an intermediate II Paso Doble, I enjoyed this last day more than the others combined.  Probably because I had made a bunch of good friends by this point.  That always helps. ;)  After all the students performed however, was when the true showcase began.  Our teachers; Russian couple Peter, and Alexandria, gave us the honor of watching them dance.  And wow. O.o  Just wow.  If I didn't have an idol before, I do now.  Man, they can MOVE!  Talk about light as a feather, graceful as a swan, and fancy feet all combined into one!  Their dancing was quite literally entrancing.  Of course they got a standing ovation for every piece they did.
But then everything took a sadder turn of events after it ended, for that was when everyone had to say goodbye.  This is the big disadvantage to going to these camps.  Because even though you meet people from all over the place; when it's time to leave, everyone is, well... all over the place.  You're never going to find the same group of people in the same place at the same time until we all die and in the Celestial kingdom we're all like, "Hey!  I remember you from that 2013 dance camp!"
So I said my goodbyes to old friends like Emma and Thomas, and to my new friends like Steven and Rebecca (total crush of the week there), and to anyone else who felt like having a hug at that time. ;)  I'm so going to save up the money to come back here next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment