Sunday, August 11, 2013

Super Amazing Vacation of Awesomeness: Day 74

While waltzing around in the advanced class today, I happened to discover that the girl I was dancing with was a national champion for dancing jive and quickstep.  Do you know how long she had been dancing?  Two or three years. *stunned pause*  Talk about intensive learning. O.o  But you know, when I learn that, I figure that with enough work, I too can become a master ballroomer in a short time.  Something to strive for, right? ;)
Tonight was the youth dance for the camp!  Exciting, yes?  A bunch of other ballroom dancers in a stake dance sort of thing sounds like a blast to me!  Unfortunately BYU camp politics got in the way.  At least that's how it was explained to me.  Since I was off campus and not staying in the dorms, I wasn't able to go.  So instead I went to the BYU bookstore.  Let me tell you how much I love that place. :D  Three stories filled with anything you could possibly want, and so many good books you don't know where to start!  But today instead of going straight to the fantasy section like I usually do, I instead decided I was feeling in a more philosophical mood.  So I spent a good chunk of money buying three important items.

Man's Search for Meaning
   Though a short read, from the small amount I've gotten through so far, this book has so many priceless quotes it's crazy.  It's like something I'd read for an English or psychology class, but so good that I'm willing to spend time on it during the summer.

War and Peace
    A classic!  Or so I've been told...  I got this book specifically with the long road trip ahead in my mind.  Even if it IS difficult to get through; at least I'll have something to do rather than be bored 17 hours every day. ;)

Journal
    Yup.  That's probably the big one in this group of books.  I got an actual hard cover journal!  I'm hoping the fact that it looks pretty official will keep me writing in it. ;)  You might ask, "Why are you writing in another journal when you have this one online?"  But the fact of the matter is that, unfortunately I can't put everything I'd like to online and still be viewed in the same way.  I mean, what all with crushes, people who irritate me, situations I don't want out in the public eye...  Some things I just can't put on here.  Wish me luck though!  Hopefully I'll have better luck keeping this solid life journal than others I've started. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment